December 28, 2014

The Spirit of the West: Ouray, Colorado, USA.

Jack Brauer has captured the spirit of the American West.
My first reaction on seeing this image this morning was "Wow! I need to add this to my file of stunning pictures of towns and cities." Then I realized I'd never posted a single one of these images here, nor written in words the impact these images have on me.

In my younger years I was almost driven to understand the psychology of the human being. Singular.

Into graduate school I discovered the importance of the individual in an immediately surrounding system. The family.

It didn't take long in offering consulting services to families that I could see the importance of the systems that surround the family. Schools, churches, the Law, medicine.

These all exist within the larger complex of organized government. Towns and Cities. States and Countries.

All of this takes place across time, with interacting relationships between past, present, future. History.

An image like this is a reminder to me of an even larger perspective, beyond space and time. God's view, the Cosmos.

No comments: