January 18, 2010

New Online Journal.



Finnegan O'Neill White has joined the online world.

This is a young man who knows more about the world of Star Trek than I know about any topic you care to name. So he's going online to share his knowledge, his opinions and his passions about the Ships of Star Trek.

His inaugural entry describes the Enterprise NX-01. To show how little I know about such things, it never occurred to me there was more than one Enterprise. I think I'm in for a good education.

Finnegan comes by his interest naturally. His father grew up in a family that watched--nay, studied--every episode of Star Trek, and when the adult children return home they're still known to get into hefty conversations about episodes or themes or characters or plots.

Apples. Falling. Trees.

I'm honored to serve as a technical and design consultant to Finnegan as he wades into the online waters. We spent time today exploring the back-end of blogger.com, and it was a true pleasure for me to be in the company of such pure curiosity, eagerness to learn and willingness to share.

Take a look at Finnegan's work. If he's decided to activate the Comments section, drop him a line.

I for one look forward to learning for the first time in my life what all the fuss has been about with the Star Trek world.

And to watch a young man take the next step in his certain trajectory into the stars.

No comments: